I feel that there are many different characteristics of love that exist in committed relationships. Relationships are not always perfect and happy as they often appear in songs TV. Often times songs and TV portray either relationships that are not about committed and long lasting love or portray love that can almost seems unattainable. Many songs force people to search for something in love that can be very hard to attain and rarely exists. I thought that the article was very insightful. Love is not perfect. Your partner in a relationship does no have to be the same person that you go to for advice in every aspect of your life. A person in a relationship can confide in a best friend, family member or someone else besides their significant other. The idea that although two people in a relationship do love each other and would always be there for each other is central to the strength of a relationship. However, a relationship can often be stronger if the relationship with a significant other is not the only strong and important relationship in your life. The idea of a soul mate is very attractive. I believe that everyone in the world does have someone out there for them.
Many songs that I listen to describe the different aspects of love. "Hard to Love" by Lee Brice describes a relationships where the man admits that he may not be perfect all the time, and he may often do things in the relationship that cause his girlfriend to doubt him. However, his girlfriend stands by him and loves him despite the bumps in the road and the flaws. Real love is not perfect and often has many flaws such as this relationship. The important part of love is to always stand by your significant other despite their flaws. "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz states, "And when you need your space to do some navigating, I'll be here patiently waiting to see what you find." This song states that even when one person in a relationship may need time to be apart from the other everything will be okay. He will always be there for her even when she needs to be by herself and figure some things out on her own. I believe that is a wonderful kind of love. That is the kind of love where two people just know that they are right from each other and even after they have been apart for a long time can come back together and be even more loving and compassionate than they were.
"When I Look at You" by Miley Cyrus describes a relationship where she looks to her boyfriend in times of trouble. Songs like these seemingly put all the pressure on a relationship to be perfect and for a boyfriend to have all the answers to solve all of the girlfriend's problems. A boyfriend is not a miracle worker. A boyfriend can definitely be there for his girlfriend in hard times and help her to feel better, but he does not always have all the power to fix all the struggles in life. "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore states, "And I lift my hands and pray, to be only yours, I pray to be only yours, I know now you're my only hope." This song puts unnecessary pressure on relationships. Of course, a boyfriend is someone that you can confide in for help. But, they are not the only person that can help you in times of struggle and difficulty. "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton explains a relationship in which he says his wife is there for him in the hard times. I feel that explains how someone can be there for another person in a relationship during the struggling times of life. The songs says, "God gave me you for the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt." The song explains how God matches two people in a relationships not to be the be all end all for the other person but simply to be there for that other person when they really need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment